It is not an easy task to build a loyal audience, even if you have fantastic content that attracts lots of viewers. The most challenging part is to sustain these visitors and convert them into your loyal audience. Though content is at the core of social marketing, growth is undoubtedly not a hack, according to experts.
They have, however, detailed a few proven strategies that may help you to build a loyal audience most successfully and effectively. These steps will ensure that your audience is growing as desired and in the right way.
- First, you should focus on quality and not quantity. This is in keeping with the fact that the entire social media industry is now shifting away from vanity metrics. This means that the level of engagement of the users is now far more important than the number of readers you have.
- Next, you should focus on email as that is a key to build a more loyal audience and lots of followers for Instagram. If the content is king, then distribution is the queen. Emails will help you a great deal in acquisitions that will provide you with an audience of your own instead of those that you rent or buy like on Facebook or Instagram.
- Also, focus on partnerships to make the best of the powers of it. Team up with like-minded sites. This is a great way to introduce your content to new audiences as well as obtain those valuable email addresses. This will ensure that your campaigns resonate well with them.
Always create high-value content and test it a lot. Remember, design matters in such cases, and taking shortcuts may prove fatal.
Trust is an essential factor
You will need to look into the different factors that will help you to build a loyal audience and grow your brand and site traffic consistently. One of the most significant factors that will affect the loyalty of your audience is trust. As per a recent survey report of Outbrain, it is revealed that:
- Two-thirds of the consumers look for a trustworthy brand top whom they can show their loyalty
- 94% of people feel encouraged to visit a website that has proven trustworthiness
- 87% of people think that trust can influence their satisfaction level significantly while visiting a site and
- 90% of people rated the trust as the most significant reason for them to recommend a brand and refer others to it.
Now, the question is, what builds trust? As it turns out, once again, there are a few specific factors that will play a significant role. These factors include:
- Your expertise in creating content
- Your intentions and objectives and
- Your ability to present value and proper solutions.
All these should be done in the most coherent way to build the trust needed to gain audience loyalty. In other words, you will need to combine both knowledge and competence. This will increase your power to enchant your social followers and encourage them to your site to increase traffic.
Strategies to follow
If you want to establish audience loyalty, you will need to build it based on reputation, integrity, and credibility. You must be strategic in your approach to bring the results that you desire.
To start with, you must narrow down the value proposition and make it unique. This means that you must make people understand why exactly they should pay attention to you. It is only then they will buy from you. They will also notice you when you have a compelling value proposition. In any business, the Unique Selling Proposition or USP lies in the act of vindicating the reason for its existence.
- Focus on developing your brand voice to be distinct from others. This is a significant factor because it will create an expression in the mind of the social followers about the people behind the brand.
- You must set yourself apart, and your brand voice will help you to do so and, at the same time, influence and persuade the followers to build trust. Most importantly, in this age, where written communication is prime, it is essential to find your brand voice.
- You must also focus on your mission and move for a cause if you do not want to get lost in the crowd. Your primary purpose should be to align your brand values and beliefs with the consumers. Your mission should have all emotional, logical, and physical elements in it.
Therefore, start publishing content as that has a lot to do with your brand loyalty even more than you can imagine. According to research, more than 62% of millennials believe that online content creates their loyalty for a brand.
Nurture a new community
To gain more traffic to your site, you should be smart enough to attract new customers and nurture them to build a community. You should focus on increasing customer satisfaction so that you can create a strong and lasting relationship with your target audience. There are a few specific ways in which you can do this. These are:
- Optimizing the buying cycle of your audience so that you can influence their buying decision and
- Leveraging content archetypes and creating serial content
You must also build the right momentum before you publish your content. This will enable you to attract a larger audience that is loyal to your brand.
Content marketing techniques
Some proven techniques will enable you to gain a more relevant and loyal audience to your site. The first step to take is to know your potential customers and then build an audience persona. This can be done by defining their demographics and psychographics so that it resonates with them.
You must think and act just like a media company, which will help you to build an emotional connection with the content. Make sure that you stick to one specific type of content with a unique marketing voice to be persistent and stay in touch with your target audience. All you have to do now is nurture your audience to have them onboard your site.