If you are PIC fan and looking for good development board take a look at this one.
It has a list of valuable features:
- PIC18F2550 MCU with external xtal;
- One channel 0-2.5V sigma-delta ADC converter;
- 6-channal 10-bit ADC 0-5V;
- Two connectors for text LCD or GLCD;
- USB port with type B connector;
- On-board low drop-out voltage regulator;
- rechargeable battery;
- 10-pin header for In Circuit Loader.
Board can serve as PIC learning platform or simply a base for final project. Personally me, I like that it has both connectors for text and graphical LCDs.