Do you familiar with the temperature sensor? Have you ever used any temperature sensors in your daily life? Well, Do you know that the temperature sensor is one of the most useful electronic components and it can help us to do many tasks?
Believe it or not, you can apply a temperature sensor in these following field:
- It can be used as a simple weather detector and reports for web pages;
- It can be used to detect computer power supply’s temperature and sending out warnings;
- It can be used as a house temperature monitoring system;
- It can be used as a refrigerator tester;
- It can be used as fish tank heater verification;
- It can be used as daylight sensing;
- It can be used as primitive locking and so on!
This Quolz’s temperature sensor is a four-channel temperature meter, where either the temperature data can be in degrees, C or Fahrenheit, F and its output as a continuous data scream over an RS232 serial port. The kit uses a PIC12C509 and up to 4xDS18S20 digital thermometers.
By the way, no external power is required for this project. The output data is in simple text format. It will capture the data to a text file and then import it into Excel to produce tables and charts of temperature readings over time.