RMS G Meter is considered as one of the useful acceleration measurer that ever created.
RMS G Meter had been widely used in the following industries:
- Shipping – RMS G Meter is used for determine and verify the packages traveled with as little damage as possible.
- Manufacturing – It is used for vibration sensing for quality control purpose.
The proper ways to calculate the RMS:
- Try to pick a function
- Then, square the function
- Remember to take the ‘mean value’ of the function
- Lastly, do take the square root of the function
RMS G Meter is a smart microprocessor-based device, which can display and updates instantly the root-mean-square (RMS) values of the acceleration.
There are six main components in a RMS G Meter:
- An accelerometer
- Low pass filter
- A/D converter
- LCD display
- Battery power supply
We must know how to differential the four modes which:
Once the PMS G Meter is activated, the device will update the highest RMS value it has measured.
The device will display the average RMS value of the signal all of the time since it had been activated.
Integrated Mode RMS
It will report the total of all RMS samples that has been computed since the activation.
The Instantaneous Mode
Display the raw G’s which measured by the accelerometer constantly.