Do you wish to have a “Giant electronic Spider” crawling and bringing some fun to your home? If you’re answered yes, then let’s meet this incredible “Eigenbau” Robot Spider.
You need to have these following materials for making this “Eigenbau” Spider:
- Javelin Stamp microcontroller with Ubicom Sx48AC
- One ultrasonic sensor with Deva-tech SRF04
- Two sensors with micro-switches
- A Micro servo to the pan of ultrasonic sensor
- Three Standard Model servos for the musculoskeletal purpose
This Eigenbau is well-programmed with Javelin Stamp microcontroller, which the three main tasks:
- Review or control of the ultrasonic sensor and the sensor
- Calculate the action, whether is to be forward, flight or Dodge, which based on the sensor data
- Control of the three servos for the musculoskeletal, where it’s mainly according to the require action to be performed
Beside that, the actual movement or calculation of the position of the servos is based on the functions that necessary for each servo, which is mainly depending on the desired direction of the motion phase of this “Eugencau” spider.
Here are the following instructions of this “Eugenbau”:
- When there is no obstacle to be determined, then it will going to the Next run.
- If the ultrasonic sensor is an obstacle to Eugenbau, it will slowly approach to the removal continued to decrease, and it will sense to the left and right to examine the next direction.
- After the dodging process, it going back to step 1 again.
As you can see in the figure, this Eigenbau is made by the alumimiun pipes and angles itself. In addition, the integrated battery, microcontroller and the serial programming with the sensors are well assembly on the breadboard.